On Monday, 30 October 2017 21:01:35 GMT Dale wrote:
> While it is usually plugged into a surge strip already,
> the more the better.  Actually, surge at the wall, UPS, then another
> surge strip that all my stuff plugs into.

I'm sure I have read in some UPS manual that it should be plugged directly
into the mains socket and not via a surge protector.  I assumed the manual
stated this because when the varistors in the surge protector start conducting
excess current during a surge, this could start competing against the AVR in
the UPS, flipping the battery on/off and perhaps causing a race condition.  I
haven't looked into it, but that's how I perceived it at the time.

Of course we're talking of normal transients here, not a direct hit by a
lightning!  LOL!
--
Regards,
Mick