Peter Humphrey wrote:
> On Tuesday, 5 December 2017 16:49:28 GMT Raffaele Belardi wrote:
>
>> Looks like your -fpic modification did not make it through.
>
> Do I have my syntax wrong, then?
>
> # cat /etc/portage/package.env
> www-client/palemoon     nopic
> peak ~ # cat /etc/portage/env/nopic
> CFLAGS="${CFLAGS} -fPIC"
>
> I've tried -fPIC and -fpic, but I still get the error:
>       undefined reference to 'GetDemuxerLog()'
>
> I used this as guide:
>
> https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Knowledge_Base:Overriding_environment_variables_per_package

Two suggestions, neither of which I believe will solve your problem:
- did you rebuild completely palemoon after changing the -fpic into -fPIC? If
you issued
'emerge' as usual and not 'make' directly in the palemoon build dir then the
answer is yes.
- could it be that CXXFLAGS is not affected by the CFLAGS change in the
package.env? Try
specifying both in the nopic file

Sorry, I'm out of ideas.

raffaele