On 12/06/2017 11:09 AM, Helmut Jarausch wrote:

> But then using this version of imapclient fails since it wants
> dev-python/backports-ssl (from PyPi).
> But  dev-python/backports-ssl-0.0.9  doesn't install here before a name
> clash with dev-python/backports-1.0.
> And no, this version of backports doesn't contain the 'ssl' class
>
> How did you solve this.

I didn't get that far. Once it installed, I came here to report my progress.

> I nothing helps, I will rename backports to old-backports and patch
> imapclient correspondingly.

That /sounds/ like a bad idea, but I don't know enough about these
packages to say for sure. If you ask in #gentoo-python, you might
encourage someone who knows how to fix that to do so. There is an open
bug for the new version: https://bugs.gentoo.org/571310