On Sun, Dec 10, 2017 at 9:55 AM, Wols Lists <antli...@youngman.org.uk> wrote:
> On 09/12/17 12:08, Alan McKinnon wrote:
>> I'm all in favour of Lennart-bashing, but let's keep the bashing to what
>> he's responsible for.
>
> <flame suit on>
>
> As far as I can tell, the most egregious thing he's responsible for is
> for wanting a well-designed system that works!
>
> Face it, linux is a hodge-podge of things thrown together, and held
> together with baling wire and sealing wax. Lennart doesn't want a system
> where a small failure in one place cascades and brings down a load of
> stuff elsewhere.

<sarcasm>
And, of course, a system of his doing will not have a single point of
failure. At all, at all. And it is well-designed, to boot.
</sarcasm>
Why not get rid of all the bazaar stuff altogether? They could just
fork linux. Minus the name, of course. I could suggest a name, but
won't. But maybe it is more appealing to grab something that is
already there? Not to mention that it is way more friendly to the
interests of a certain corporation.
Regards