On 2018-01-05 11:10, Peter Humphrey wrote:

> Symbol: HAVE_EBPF_JIT [=y]
>
> │
> │ Type  : boolean
> │   Defined at net/Kconfig:436
> │   Selected by: X86 [=y] && X86_64 [=y]
>

> So it's on, like it or not. This is kernel 4.9.72 on an i7-5820K.

As Rich writes, the HAVE_* symbols are not settable via the UI, and in
fact do not toggle the inclusion of any code; they are automatically set
by kconfig to record the _availability_ of some features on the system,
based on given constraints such as architecture and memory model.

So, HAVE_EBPF_JIT=y just means that BPF JIT _can_ be done on x86.  There
is a separate BPF_JIT setting to actually enable it.