Neil Bothwick wrote:
> On Sat, 13 Jan 2018 20:59:56 -0600, Dale wrote:
>
>> Yea, it used to be recommended and in a way it can still be a good
>> idea.  I use LVM for example and I can increase /usr, /var, /home or
>> whatever without having to redo my drive setup.  The only thing I can't
>> change is / which is a regular file system.  Just have to cross that
>> bridge when I get there.
> You can put / on LVM too, but then you'll need an init-thingy and I don't
> think any of us want to go there ;-)

Yea, keep in mind, I didn't want a init thingy at all.  Thing is, I had
already set up my partitions when that requirement came along.

In a way, I'd either like to have everything on LVM or BTRFS or nothing
but /home on one of those.  In other words, if I have to have a init
thingy, everything is where I can shrink/expand as needed or if no init
thingy then all those are on a regular file system.  Likely going with
the later next time around.

Maybe by then BTRFS will be 100% ready to go then.  ;-)

Dale

:-)  :-)