On 01/18/2018 07:15 AM, Michael Orlitzky wrote:
> On 01/17/2018 09:51 PM, the...@sys-concept.com wrote:
>> How openvpn client obtains IP address from the server?
>>
>> On the sever in server.conf I had:
>> server 192.168.139.0 255.255.255.0
>> route 10.0.0.0  255.255.255.0 192.168.139.7
>>
>> On server in ccd/ I had client.file:
>> ifconfig-push 192.168.139.3 255.255.255.0
>
> Two things to check:
>
> First, the client configuration directory needs to be specified in the
> server configuration file with the "client-config-dir" directive. In
> your case, it looks like you need
>
>   client-config-dir ccd
>
> but try an absolute path if that doesn't work for you.
>
> The second is the naming convention for the client configuration files
> themselves. The files in "ccd" need to match the common names on the
> certificates of your clients exactly, IIRC. So instead of "client.file",
> you probably want just "client".

Thanks for reply.
I've already figure it out.  The configuration file in ccd/ directory on
a server is linked to a key generated for the client during setup on
server:
./easyrsa build-client-full syscon7 nopass   (this is client key pair)

So the file in ccd/ (on server) has to be called "syscon7" and the
client computer will take IP from this file (that you assign).

Joseph