On 2018-01-19, Grant Taylor <gtay...@tnetconsulting.net> wrote:
> On 01/19/2018 12:48 PM, Grant Edwards wrote:
>> Yep, and it looks like the Postfix equivalent is a custom pipe transport.
>> Once you know what phrases to google for, it's a lot easier.
>
> *nod*
>
> I figured that you would be able to find something.
>
> Hence why I mentioned the terms.  ;-)

[...]

>> I wrote the server I'm using now, but it uses somebody else's snmpd
>> module, and that's where the SSL breakage is.  I've filed a bug, and I've
>> been doing some reading toward attempting a fix, but it looks like it
>> might be a bit hairy: it involves Python's asyncore/asynchat framework
>> (and process pools).  What's missing is handling for ssl "want read"
>> and "want write" exceptions.
>
> "snmpd" or "smtpd"?

Aargh.  smtpd.  Typos like that certinaly don't help the confusion.

> You lost me at Python.  (I know it's a personal prejudice.  But I
> think I'm allowed to have it as long as I acknowledge them as such.)

I'm going to try stunnel in front of the existing solution first.

If that doesn't work, I'll try sendmail/postfix/exim.  It looks like
they'll all do what I want (modulo the no-queue desire). FWIW, the
google phrase for exim is "exim pipe transport":

https://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch-the_pipe_transport.html

Thanks again (and apologies) to everbody who tried to figure out what
it was I was asking...

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! They collapsed
                                  at               ... like nuns in the