I am of curious as to peoples experiences with OpenPOWER machines and gentoo - is it as simple as using the ppc64 arch iso instead of x86_64? If anyone uses it for a workstation, what apps do you have? is there anything normal missing? (ie: that one would have on an x86_64 workstation)

I noticed that gentoo only has big endian isos instead of little endian and I am also wondering what this means for software availability as I have never heard of endianness before a few months ago.

Info:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/POWER9 (POWER is now the only high performance arch that is owner controlled now that AMD has its ME analog PSP) http://raptorcs.com/ (The T2 is a modified "romulus" reference board made available to the general public with libre firmware)