On 03/07/2018 09:02 PM, R0b0t1 wrote:

On Wed, Mar 7, 2018 at 7:52 PM, taii...@gmx.com <taii...@gmx.com> wrote:
I bought a LSI-9211-8i / SAS 2008 controller which reports support for
SR-IOV in lspci and I am wondering how I can use it.

There is no info on the internet about this not even for their newer
controllers where there is a lot of advertising about SR-IOV.

The idea is that you can assign a RAID array, individual hard drive, etc to
a VF which is then assigned to a VM via IOMMU providing better almost native
performance vs emulated disks.

Thanks!
If it supports SR-IOV you can pass it to a guest with VFIO. If it did
not support SR-IOV it would not support VFIO.
I know - my question is how do I create the virtual functions and assign the drives to them instead of simply attaching the entire controller?

According to LSI's press release you could have for instance 5 different RAID's assigned to 5 different VM's via virtual functions - not simply all of them assign to one VM via assigning the controller like a non SR-IOV device