On 2018-03-14 20:08, Poncho <pon...@spahan.ch> wrote:
> On 14.03.2018 20:10, the...@sys-concept.com wrote:
>> Is there a suitable replacement package for "pdftk".
>> Currently pdftk is masked and might be dropped from portage tree  :-/
>>
>> The packages require GCC 5 or earlier and are therefore masked in the
>> 17.0 profiles.
>>
>> I use pdftk only to merge two pdf file (overlap tax form).
>> eg.
>> pdftk t4-flat-02b.pdf stamp  1.pdf  output out1.pdf
>>

> /usr/bin/pdfunite
>
> it's a provided by app-text/poppler

Besides, app-text/poppler contains some very useful functions.
pdfunite is one of them, which let you concatenate several PDF files
into one.

Another piece I found useful is pdfseparate. It can separate a PDF file
into pages.

The combination of pdfunite and pdfseparate let you replace a single
page in a PDF file.

Command `equery f poppler' shows:
  /usr/bin/pdfdetach
  /usr/bin/pdffonts