> The relevant part of the build:
>
>> make[1]: 'compile_et' is up to date.
>> make[1]: Leaving directory
>> '/var/tmp/portage/sys-libs/e2fsprogs-libs-1.44.1/work/e2fsprogs-libs-1.44.1-ab
>> i_x86_64.amd64/lib/et'
>> making all in lib/et
>> * ACCESS DENIED:  utimes:       /root/.ccache
>> * ACCESS DENIED:  mkdir:        /root/.ccache/3

The ebuild is working fine on my end, it was built yesterday with no
issues according to my logs. Is FEATURES=ccache part of your
make.conf?
If it is, try to build it with without that feature.

PD: HTML is not welcome in the messages for this list, not everyone is
reading this list with an HTML capable mail reader, those people are
only able to see a bunch of garbage if you send it this way.
Many will ignore your message because of that. Next time just send plain text.