On 10/17/05, gentuxx <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi all,

I just set up cvsd using the Wiki How-To here:
http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_CVS_Server.  Nice little How-To, and I
seemed to get every thing set up fine.  I was able to import the first
module with the :pserver: protocol, but then decided that I should go
with the SSH modification instead.  So, I went through, added my user
to the cvsd group, changed the CVSROOT to user the :ext: protocol.
Now when I try to export the module, I get a permission denied error!

[EMAIL PROTECTED]'s password:
cvs server: cannot open /root/CVSROOT/config: Permission denied
Cannot access /root/CVSROOT
Permission denied

Here's the perms on the file:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] / $ ls -l /var/lib/cvs/root/CVSROOT/config
- -rwxrwxr-x  1 cvsd cvsd 4082 Oct 17 13:15 /var/lib/cvs/root/CVSROOT/config

I'm in the group, the permissions should be right.  Why isn't this
working?

Check the directory perms too.

-Mike

--
Michael E. Crute

Linux, because reboots are for installing hardware.
"In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows and gates?"