On 04/05/2018 03:51 AM, gevisz wrote:
Yes. And the Client also has static IP. Moreover, both OR and IR have static IPs from the inside. So, the Host can make a connection request to the Client.

With the client having a static IP, things become a LOT simpler. Simply flip things around and have the ""Client be the VPN server and the ""Host be the VPN client.

This REALLY SIGNIFICANTLY simplifies things.

The Host works as a remoted server and phisical access to it is costy. All administrating of the Host should be done through the Client. That is the reason for the need of VPN.

I sort of wonder what services the server is offering if it can't be readilyi accessed from the outside world. But there are a many different things that it can be doing locally. I digress.

What sort of

Sorry, but I do know nothing about different sorts of NAT.

I seem to have been interrupted during the qeustion that I was asking. Not that I remember it now. Sorry for the confusion.

Yes, the Host is running Windows.

In light of the client's static IP, that just means that you need to use a VPN that has a /client/ that will run on Windows. (I suspect this simplifies things.)

I agree. The first attempt that will be done is to try to use a different VPN server on Windows Host directly.

I'd abandon the idea of putting the VPN server on the Windows host. Instead, focus on putting the VPN server on the ""Client outside with a static IP.

As far as I understand, the connection would be initiated from the Host.

That is what you want.

As to the third party VPN services, we would like to avoid them. The Client is run all the time and the problem arise only when it loses the Internet connection.

I understand wanting to avoid VPN services. I was referring to renting a Virtual Private Server and running your own VPN service.

But since the ""Client has a static IP, you don't need the VPS.

Thank you for your recomendations. I just pass them to the friend of mine (so that not to dig into the details .

You're welcome.

Good luck.

Please share a summary of what you end up doing so that others can beneift from searching archives. ;-)

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die