On 19/04/18 16:28, John Blinka wrote:
> My sympathies to the OP.  I fought against dark terminal backgrounds
> for years (paper is white and ink is black, right?), tweaked all the
> colors through every mechanism I knew of, and never did arrive at a
> satisfactory result.

Paper is reflective, and ink absorbs light - the opposite of a screen,
where the background is dark and the text emits light.

You do know green is a primary colour, right?

I'm not saying you're wrong to want a light background and dark text,
but there are good reasons for why a screen defaults to the opposite of
paper. (And defaults don't work for everybody :-)

Cheers,
Wol

(The three *subtractive* primaries are the well-known red, yellow and
blue. The three *additive* primaries are red, *green* and blue. Probably
(one of) the reasons why old terminals were "green screen".)