On Sunday, 10 June 2018 17:58:35 BST Grant Taylor wrote:

--->8  much detail that makes me feel a bit faint...

> IMHO the biggest issue is that you have to understand what you want to do
> and then translate it to the proper ip commands to do it.  You need that
> high level blueprint (if you will) so that you can then implement it with
> the "ip" command.  This is why you need at least a basic understanding of
> networking to fully take advantage of the "ip" command.

Quite so. Understanding is dawning, but slowly these days, and starting from
deep darkness.

The lartc website has been down for a few days now, but I'd already got hold
of the howto. I've just sent a subscription request to the mailing list.

Many thanks for your help, Grant.

--
Regards,
Peter.