On Tue, 2005-10-18 at 16:50 -0400, Dave Nebinger wrote:
> On Tuesday 18 October 2005 04:34 pm, Holly Bostick wrote:
> > > For Holly's case, I'm wondering if she's syncing against a system
> > > that doesn't mirror that file from upstream?  Just a guess.
> >
> > I sync against the Netherlands rsync pool,
> > SYNC="rsync://rsync.nl.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage".
> >
> > I suppose what you say is possible, but does not seem to be the case.
>
> I figured you sync'd daily Holly; I wouldn't have expected any less. ;-)
>
> The question is, however, if you and I both sync daily and, although file
> times suggest they have been updated, but the file contents are different,
> where would the problem lie?
>
> The only guess I could come up with is the upstream mirror.  I sync against
> http://gentoo.osuosl.org/, and you're syncing against the netherlands pool.
> Either one themselves could be sync'd against another mirror which is sync'd
> against another mirror...
>
> Somewhere along the line I'm guessing that perhaps this particular file is
> not
> fetched/updated for some reason which would leave one of us with an outdated
> copy.
>
> I know mine comes out of CVS with the header
> $Header: /var/cvsroot/gentoo-x86/profiles/use.local.desc,v 1.1502 2005/10/18
> 00:03:00 vapier Exp $, so I'm guessing that I have the later file.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]> cvs up use.local.desc ; grep vim-with-x use.local.desc

app-editors/vim:vim-with-x - Linking console vim against X11 libraries
to enable title and clipboard features in xterm

[EMAIL PROTECTED]> head -n 4 use.local.desc |tail -n 2
# $Header: /var/cvsroot/gentoo-x86/profiles/use.local.desc,v 1.1505
2005/10/18 20:18:45 agriffis Exp $

//Spider

--
begin  .signature