The eject doenst work unfortunately, the IPod is detected as /dev/uba.

On 10/19/05, David D. Rea <[EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:
On Wed, 2005-10-19 at 11:16 +0200, Ryan Viljoen wrote:
> Ok here is what I am wanting to do:
>
> I windows when you connect your IPod it autodetects it and brings up
> itunes, then you can do the whole safely remove hardware blah blah.
> After you have done that you no longer have the DO NOT DISCONNECT
> screen on the IPod but it continues to charge. I would like to do the
> same in linux. My IPod isnt currently mounted but when you connect it
> creates a node in /dev. No how do I "disconnect" it so that it still
> remains to charge and no longer has the DO NOT DISCONNECT screen?

I use:

`eject /dev/hd[a|b|c]` - sub in whatever letter your USB driver has
assigned to your ipod.

It probably won't work if you use "/dev/hda2" (which is the device file
for the *partition* on which your music resides). You'll need to
actually use the device, "/dev/hda". It usually takes a few seconds,
then the command returns and my iPod mini's screen goes back to normal
mode as it continues to charge.

All of this as root, of course...

Good luck,
Dave