180723 Neil Bothwick wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Jul 2018 09:04:26 -0400, Philip Webb wrote:
>> Linux Mint 19 leads you along to a point where you've told it
>> where to install, you click 'proceed' & it chugs along nicely,
>> then it says it's trying to install a bootloader
>> without asking whether you want it to or where to do it.
> For future reference, start the Mint installer with "ubiquity -b",
> then it doesn't install a boot loader at all
> and you can add it to your Gentoo bootloader after rebooting.

I started the Mint installer by clicking on its desktop button.
What is 'ubiquity' & how would I use it ?

> WinErr 018: Unrecoverable error - System has been destroyed.
> Buy a new one. Old Windows licence is not valid anymore.

That's how I felt for  30 min  after Mint played its dirty trick above (grin).

SUPPORT     ___________//___,   Philip Webb
ELECTRIC   /] [] [] [] [] []|   Cities Centre, University of Toronto
TRANSIT    `-O----------O---'   purslowatchassdotutorontodotca