> On 2018-07-25, at 04:41, Neil Bothwick <n...@digimed.co.uk> wrote:
>
> Those are all kdepim packages, I run KDE without KMail and the only
> package that depends on openldap is LO.

Same here. I have global USE "-ldap -openldap" (shouldn't the latter be fixed
in dev-libs/cyrus-sasl ?). There is no way to avoid OpenLDAP when LibreOffice
is installed. On my system this is the only package calling for it.

app-office/libreoffice-6.0.5.2-r1 (net-nds/openldap)

I did find that LibreOffice has one file that needs it:

 $ readelf -d /usr/lib64/libreoffice/program/libldapbe2lo.so

Dynamic section at offset 0xed10 contains 35 entries:
  Tag        Type                         Name/Value
 0x0000000000000001 (NEEDED)             Shared library: [libldap-2.4.so.2]

This stands for LDAP backend (2), a plugin that does that. Seems to be loaded
on demand at runtime (using the component registry), and otherwise should be
removable but that would need a patch. Maybe it's just to remove this line
prior to building?

https://github.com/LibreOffice/core/blob/5a74884e7da4c497c4ea714bf84d62b55ed82cfe/Repository.mk#L395

Andrew