I'm not an expert on KDE internals, but I would guess that it's either a problem with the theme or the rendering of the theme. The easier one to test is the former - perhaps emerge kde-plasma/breeze, select the breeze theme from KDE control panel and log out / back in again. If that doesn't work, I'm afraid you've hit the limit of my helpfulness, fwiw.

-d