I really enjoyed (and still) Open Firmware which was used by Apple on the
PowerPC macintosh (starting from the first PCI models up to the latest G5)

It is a nice environment, with all the capabilities of UEFI with even more as
it come for free and directly with a Forth interpreter (basically the CLI is an
immediate forth interpreter)

Was quite nice and tidy, allowing lots of stuff like modifications of the
device tree and other nice things.

Was probably underused by Apple but yet, was the key for a lot of hacks on PPC
models!

I think it was originated from Sun and use on spark station, not really sure
there