On 9/4/18 4:25 PM, Arve Barsnes wrote:
> On Tue, 4 Sep 2018 at 21:08, james <gar...@verizon.net> wrote:
>> So where do I set the default file type (.doc) for save?
>
> Possibly in
> Tools -> Options -> Load/Save -> General

Yea it's there; but I have not yet found how to make it permanent (default).

>> did I miss a flag or extra module for this traditional behavior
>> to set automatically. ?
>
> I don't seem to have anything special in my compile settings for
> libreoffice, so I don't think so. Interestingly, I don't have any of
> the three options you list, it's suspicious that all of them are some
> kind of 'drawing' format...

It a pdf government form. Libreoffice has a whole bunch of graphics
boxes along the left hand side, so I guess those defaults are do
to how the (pdf) file creator set defaults. Gotta test on a blank
text from.

Testing a raw (newly created) text file does give a differnet list
of file save options.

(gasp) I guess I just gott bite the bullet and sink a couple hours into
this 6.x libreoffice.  I was back a few version on LO-5.x, just for this
reason.....

thx for the help.

James