Den 30. okt. 2018 10:01, skrev Mick:
> On Tuesday, 30 October 2018 06:30:23 GMT Håkon Alstadheim wrote:
>> I'm having fun enabling "test" in FEATURES on my gentoo-desktop. One
>> interesting failure, that brings to mind build failures I have had in
>> the past:
>>
>> Building sys-apps/mlocate-0.26-r2, I get
>>
>>      43: updatedb: Very deep hierarchy                   FAILED
>> (updatedb.at:261)
>>
>> Trying to reproduce, as root I do "make check" in the work/mlocate-0.26/
>> , and the test passes.
>>
>>  43: updatedb: Very deep hierarchy                   ok
>>
>> I'd really like to get to the bottom of this, as I believe it must have
>> the same root-cause as issues I have had compiling large packages such
>> as firefox.
>>
>> Re-running both the emerge and the make check, I get the same results.
>> emerge fails, make check succeeds. I made a local copy of the ebuild and
>> inserted a "ulimit -a" in pre_src_test.
>>
>> ulimit from root-shell:
>>
>> # ulimit -a
>> core file size          (blocks, -c) unlimited
>> data seg size           (kbytes, -d) unlimited
>> scheduling priority             (-e) 0
>> file size               (blocks, -f) unlimited
>> pending signals                 (-i) 59958
>> max locked memory       (kbytes, -l) 16384
>> max memory size         (kbytes, -m) unlimited
>> open files                      (-n) 1024
>> pipe size            (512 bytes, -p) 8
>> POSIX message queues     (bytes, -q) 819200
>> real-time priority              (-r) 0
>> stack size              (kbytes, -s) 8192
>> cpu time               (seconds, -t) unlimited
>> max user processes              (-u) 10000
>> virtual memory          (kbytes, -v) unlimited
>> file locks                      (-x) unlimited
>>
>> ulimit from emerge:
>> core file size          (blocks, -c) unlimited
>> data seg size           (kbytes, -d) unlimited
>> scheduling priority             (-e) 0
>> file size               (blocks, -f) unlimited
>> pending signals                 (-i) 59958
>> max locked memory       (kbytes, -l) 16384
>> max memory size         (kbytes, -m) unlimited
>> open files                      (-n) 1024
>> pipe size            (512 bytes, -p) 8
>> POSIX message queues     (bytes, -q) 819200
>> real-time priority              (-r) 0
>> stack size              (kbytes, -s) 9788
>> cpu time               (seconds, -t) unlimited
>> max user processes              (-u) 10000
>> virtual memory          (kbytes, -v) unlimited
>> file locks                      (-x) unlimited

>> I have plenty of space in my portage temp directory (/pt):
>>
>>  # df -hT ./
>> Filsystem      Type Størrelse Brukt Tilgj. Bruk% Montert på
>> /dev/xvdc      ext4      163G  8,0G   147G    6% /pt
>>
>> Portage temp is at /pt due to the earlier mentioned issues with firefox.
>>
>> At my wits end here. Anyone ?
> I have not looked or used the test FEATURES of portage, but have also noticed
> over time certain packages fail to build on machines with low RAM.  As low
> [...]
Memory should not be a problem here. Fails with only that one emerge
running,
succeeds if run directly as root, or with FEATURES="-sandbox -usersandbox".

Memory is >14GB:
# vmstat
procs -----------memory---------- ---swap-- -----io---- -system--
 r  b   swpd   free   buff  cache   si   so    bi    bo   in   cs us sy
id wa st
 3  4  28416 6904608 174112 4616144    0    0    65   266   13    4 10
2 84  4  0