On 11/17/2018 10:13 PM, Andrew Udvare wrote:
It looks like you need to unmask virtual/cargo because you need to have
virtual/cargo 1.30.1. These version numbers have to match.

That seems to have done it.

I added virtual/cargo to /etc/portage/package.accept_keywords/cargo which did have dev-util/cargo ~amd64. It now also has virtual/cargo ~amd64.

Now emerge -aDuN @world seems to be happy and is currently emerge: (2 of 3).

Thank you for your help.  :-)

Are you running a mixed keyworded system?

I'm not completely sure what that means. I'm guessing you're asking about accept_keywords. I'm mostly (?) running stock amd64. I have added ~amd64 to some packages for various reasons over the 2+ years that this install has been around.

I don't remember adding ~amd64 for dev-util/cargo. I wonder if I added it when I wanted to try the newer Firefox.

Once you unmask, you can install what you need for Firefox/Thunderbird
beforehand:

emerge -1 virtual/cargo dev-lang/rust

emerge -aDuN @world is now happy (or at least not blocking / erroring out) and compiling things as I type this email.

Thank you again, everybody, for your help.  :-)

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die