Hi,

I followed fearedbliss's guide a couple years back.
Here are my 2 cents.

On  Sun, Nov 25, 2018 at 04:36:35PM -0500 , Pariksheet Nanda wrote:

> I'm actually surprised my system boots at all, because /etc/fstab looks for
> that partition to be the swap:
I don't think swap is required for booting.

> My best guesses at the problem are either that it's udev related or that
> the various ZFS services need to be better configured to expose the zvol.
> I read the "Admin Documentation" links on the zfsonlinux.org website
> looking for mentions on "zvol" and the only relevant section seems to be
> the `zpool import` should apply `zfs share -a` to zvols [2].  Maybe I need
> to run `zfs share`?  But that doesn't seem to help:

It does seem to be a udev issue on your end.

This is what your udev rule should look like.
https://github.com/zfsonlinux/zfs/blob/master/udev/rules.d/60-zvol.rules.in

Check it exists.
# cat /lib/udev/rules.d/60-zvol.rules

Reload udev rules.
# rc-service udev reload

I think you also have to re-trigger the rules, which is beyond the scope
of my knowledge.
# man udevadm

If it exists on `zfs list`, your swap partition is in there somewhere.
This command will show you any swap partitions in use.
# swapon --show

Good luck!

--

Roger Welsh
fpr: 2FCB 9E31 EA77 CDEC A3AE  5DD7 D54C C777 553A 180D