On Tuesday, 29 January 2019 20:37:31 GMT Wol's lists wrote:
> On 28/01/2019 16:56, Peter Humphrey wrote:
> > I must be missing something, in spite of following the wiki instructions.
> > Can someone help an old duffer out?
>
> Gentoo wiki, or kernel raid wiki?

Gentoo wiki.

It's fascinating to see what a hornets' nest I've stirred up. In my case I
haven't needed an initramfs so far, and now I see I still don't need one - why
add complication? Having set the kernel option to assemble raid devices at
boot time, now that /dev/md0 has been created I find it ready to go as soon as
I boot up and log in. No jiggery-pokery needed.

A reminder: this is not the boot device.

--
Regards,
Peter.