On Thu, 2005-10-20 at 20:07 -0400, Sean wrote:
> I have a dual opteron here and I am thinking of putting Gentoo on it. I
> am trying to decide to go with either the amd64 or i386 version.
> So I am asking some Gentoo amd64 users, are you happy with the version
> or would you have gained more with i386?
> Do most applications work on amd64 or are there some important ones missing?

I have been running an x86_64 (amd64) system for a few months now.  The
only thing I have been missing is a 64bit version of Macromedia
Shockwave plugin.  Apparently, there is no 64bit version for this
proprietary software.

Everything else is fine.  I have all I need on my desktop.  x86_64
version of Openoffice-bin (rc3) takes a long time to open, but is
promising.

Good luck,

--
Scott Tiret <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>