b.n. wrote:
*   Phillips Streamium   [ http://en.streamium.com/products/sl50i/ ]
* Netgear MP101 [ http://www.netgear.com/products/details/MP101.php ]
Whoa. I didn't even know such devices existed!
What kind of receivers do you need?
I played with the Streamium in PC World where they had a rigged demo... the device itself was a bit flimsy (the front fell off when I picked it up) but it looked as if it would do the job in a physical sense. You don't need a "receiver" - just some sort of amplifier and speakers. The one I saw being demoed in the shop was connected directly to a £100ish set of powered speakers for PC gaming and/or DVD surround sound. If I had one I'd plug one into my hi-fi amplifier - the Streamium would be just like an external CD player as far as the rest of my hi-fi is concerned... it has two phono connectors at the back as far as I can remember. I can't comment on the user interface as I wasn't able to make the demonstration unit do anything - that might have been due to batteries in the remote or it might have been because there was only one MP3 on the server locked in the back room. [£99 asking price]

I've not seen an MP101 in-the-flesh... but they're cheaper - retailing at about £80 and I've seen them at £50 on ebay. I prefer the appearance of the MP101 over the Streamium too.

I'm sure there are other more expensive options out there too.

Steve