On Saturday, 23 February 2019 10:32:20 GMT Andrew Udvare wrote:
> On 23/02/2019 04:30, Mick wrote:
> > # mount -t hfsplus -o loop 4.hfs /media/dmg
> > mount: /media/dmg: failed to setup loop device for 4.hfs.
>
> What does dmesg show? It should give more detail about the problem. Also
> try with `mount -v`.

I think the above message indicates there is no 4.hfs to be mounted.  No
messages are reported in dmesg, or syslog.

> Normally 7z gets into the partition and extracts the files within, but
> only if the 'Method' is supported, like 'Zero0 Copy Zero2 ZLIB CRC'.
> Yours is 'Copy Zero2 ZLIB CRC'.

Should I be using a different incantation with 7z to apply the correct method?
I've tried various things, but I can't come up with the correct syntax.

> Also you might want to try https://github.com/darlinghq/darling-dmg with
> the DMG file itself. This is far more active than the kernel module.

Thanks, I'll take a look at this too.

--
Regards,
Mick