On Sun, Mar 24 2019, Neil Bothwick wrote:

> On Sat, 23 Mar 2019 18:08:09 -0400, Jack wrote:
>
>> > Am I correct in believing that I should now execute
>> >    eselect python cleanup
>
>> I just ran into the same problem, and that solution seems to have
>> worked for me.
>
> It worked for me, but only after I ran it twice. This was reproducible on
> several systems.

It worked for me running only once on each of two systems.
By worked I mean the error msg

    python-exec: Invalid impl in /etc/python-exec/python-exec.conf: python3.4

stopped appearing on my "emerge update world" commands.  Perhaps you Neil
tested further for failure and Jack and I should as well.

allan