On 18/06/2019 19:06, Philip Webb wrote:
190615 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
On 15/06/2019 12:00, Philip Webb wrote:
I've just upgraded to Gvim 8.1.1486 & most of the icons have disappeared.
Is kde-plasma/kde-gtk-config installed ?

Yes.

Open the KDE "System Settings", and go to "Application Style".
Select "GNOME/Gtk Application Style".
Make sure "Icon Theme" is set to "Breeze"
& "Fallback theme" is set to "Adwaita".  If there's no "Adwaita" option,
then emerge x11-themes/adwaita-icon-theme.

Done & the icons are restored (screenshot attached),
but they're not as pretty as those before (see shot in earlier msg).

Well, that's how the Breeze icons look like. What icon theme were you using then? Maybe it was Adwaita? Then set that as the primary Gtk icon theme and set Breeze to be the fall-back.

Is it essential to allow Adwaita ? -- in the past, I haven't liked it.

Adwaita will only be the fall-back theme, meaning it's only used for icons that don't exist in the primary theme.