On Mon, 08 Jul 2019 03:35:36 -0400,
Neil Bothwick wrote:

> [1  <text/plain; US-ASCII (quoted-printable)>]
> On Sun, 07 Jul 2019 23:42:24 -0400, John Covici wrote:
>
> > Hi.  I have discovered that I cannot upgrade to zfs 0.8.x.  The
> > problem seems to be that there is no sys-kernel/spl-0.8.x at all.  I
> > have seen on the zfs list that people are upgrading to 0.8, so what is
> > happening here -- is this somehow another unmaintained package or
> > someting?
>
> spl is now part of the zfs package and no longer a separate ebuild.
> Portage should take care of it for you. There was a thread about this
> when zfs-0.8.0 first hit the tree.

Hmmm, I unmerged all three packages and emerge was still unhappy, it
still thought the 7.13 spl was a blocker and would not emerge
anything.  I guess there is no great hurry about doing this, but
portage is definitely not behaving properly.

How do
you spend it?

         John Covici wb2una
         cov...@ccs.covici.com