I tried to google if it is possible to change xorg serverflags in runtime, but was unable to find anything. I think that would be a cleaner solution (changing the DontVTSwitch option before locking and then restoring later).

Artur

Ian Zimmerman writes:

On 2019-07-11 09:57, Ian Zimmerman wrote:

> > setxkbmap -option srvrkeys:none
> > i3lock -c 003355 -n
> > setxkbmap -option ''
>
> Thanks for the idea!  It won't work as is for me because I already use
> some non-default xkb options.  But it is closer than anything that has
> come up yet.  I'll get there.

Okay, I got it to work in a brute force way: I just added another
setxkbmap command to set my normal options, the same ones as in my
xorg.conf.

But something weird happens when I try the fancy way: saving the options
with "setxkbmap -print >FILE" and then restoring them with "xkbcomp
FILE".  It seems that the change I make with "setxkbmap -option FOO" is
never reflected in the output of "setxkbmap -print".

Looks like another place with multiple "levels" of configuration
stepping over each other.