On 2019-07-31, Dale <rdalek1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I wonder, if I bought a bluetooth USB thingy and put that on my
> puter, would that help any?

I'm not sure what you're asking about it helping, but bluetooth is
slow and sort of futzy.

> Since I hooked up my wifi router and it uses that,
> would that help?

Wifi is by far the simplest way to get network connectivity between
phone and computer.  When combined with an FTP or SSH/SCP/SFTP server
on the phone, I've found it to be a fast and reliable way to transfer
files back and forth.

> Or is the USB cable directly connected the best way?

With the USB cable, you've got two options: MTP and USB-teather.

For me, Linux<->Android MTP support sort of works some of the time.
The last time I tried it, I couldn't get it to work, and switched to
using Wifi+FTP.

USB "teathering" provides what looks to the Linux desktop as a network
interface (with the phone acting as a router). For me that usually
"just works".  When I want to transfer files, my phone is usually
already connected to the local network via Wifi, so that's what use.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! ... the HIGHWAY is
                                  at               made out of LIME JELLO and