You shouldn't need to do this, there are smarter ways to install even without
a GUI on the candidate PC.  Boot with a liveCD, start sshd if it is not
running already, set a passwd and start a screen session.

Go to your main PC which has a GUI running, login remotely to the install
candidate PC, re-attach the screen, chroot and off you go.  This way you can
use a browser to read the gentoo handbook and copy 'n paste commands from the
browser into the terminal running screen.

--
Regards,

Mick