On 28/10/19 2:23 pm, Arve Barsnes wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Oct 2019 at 04:38, Dale <rdalek1...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Also, are there any other options to elogind?  Is that the only option
>> when using KDE?
> I think the answer here is yes.
>
> I run openbox, so no requirement to have this at all, but I have
> previously done the migration to elogind, and that went without a
> hitch. With no experience to back me up, I think the thing that might
> break upon migration is the shutdown/reboot scripts, so you might have
> to reboot from the commandline. Otherwise I don't expect much trouble.
>
> Regards,
> Arve

It works for me - but its annoying in that its inherited some parts of
the systemd "stuff you - I dont care, I am going to take it over anyway"
attitude.  For me its laptop suspend/hibernate - its never worked as
well as previous scripts and it seems it cant be undone.  Its also quite
chatty in the logs - also annoying.

I know the author is responsive and has done a good job in just being
able to get it to work, but he has started with crapware and it shows.
(sorry, but suspend/hibernate is a sore point for me)

BillK