On Thursday, 7 November 2019 12:12:41 GMT Mick wrote:
> On Thursday, 7 November 2019 10:47:19 GMT Антон Кулешов wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Create 'Application-specific password required' in your google account and
> > use it instead of your google password. Try this link
> > myaccount.google.com/apppasswords
>
> A couple of months ago Kmail stopped working with OAuth2.  I assumed Gmail
> changed their OAuth2 implementation and Kmail hadn't caught up with the
> changes.
>
> The way I managed this change so far, has been to set my Google Account
> security settings to allow "less secure apps":
>
> https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/6010255?hl=en
>
> Then change the Kmail/Settings/Receiving/Advanced/Authentication from
> "Gmail" to "Plain".  The other relevant settings are "SSL/TLS" and port
> "993".
>
> When selecting "Gmail" authentication, it used to be the case qtwebengine
> would launch a GUI in which you would login into the Gmail security web GUI
> to set up an application specific password.  I don't know if this works
> now, it didn't last time I tried it, a few months ago.  I suspect it won't
> work if you have "less secure app access" enabled.

I tried that, and I remember I used to have something similar set up too, but
since that change you mention at Google, apparently it's no longer possible to
create a new account in KMail to work with google mail. Google just blocks the
attempt and issues me with a critical security issue.

> Anyway, I better send this message before I start tweaking my Google
> security settings and end up locking myself out of my account!  LOL!
>
> PS. TBH I'm finding all this Google omniscience troublesome and their
> security settings tiresome.  Perhaps it's time I took my email data
> elsewhere.

Looks like I'll have to use a different email client for gmail. Can I even
have two MUAs active at the same time?

--
Regards,
Peter.