Hello,

Am Samstag, 4. Januar 2020, 22:02:35 CET schrieb Neil Bothwick:
> On Sat, 04 Jan 2020 18:21:17 +0100, Petric Frank wrote:
> > A short search seems to state the the used have to install the packages
> >
> >   Locale::Language
> >   Locale::Codes
> >
> > from CPAN instead.
> >
> > Due i am not a master of constructing perl-ebuilds - anyone already
> > have build the ebuilds and share it with me ?
>
> app-portage/g-cpan will do it for you
>
> % eix g-cpan
> * app-portage/g-cpan
>      Available versions:  0.16.5 (~)0.16.6 (~)0.16.7^t 0.16.9-r1^t
> **9999*l^t {test} Homepage:
> https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Perl/g-cpan Description:
> Autogenerate and install ebuilds for CPAN modules

This solution looks promising. I don't like the "perl -MCPAN ..." suggestion
earlier+
because it installs files outside of the control of portage.

calling
  *#* g-cpan -g Locale::Language

gives me  ** *The option you have chosen isn't supported without a configured
overlay.

The homepage does not give a clue on how the overlay have to be specified.

I have a local repository defined as in
  https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Handbook:AMD64/Portage/
CustomTree#Defining_a_custom_repository

You have to set PORTDIR_OVERLAY explicitly. A hint on the homepage would be
nice.
Maybe the tool can be redesigned to use the directory /etc/portage/repos.conf
instead.

After that it works well.

Thanks for your help.

kind regards