---
Aisha
blog.aisha.cc

On 2020-01-25 04:39, Dale wrote:
Hi,

I'm checking that as I type.  It may not solve all my problems but it
may certainly help.  Some scripts make one CPU core go to 100% and locks
up the tab the script is running on.  Firefox, to its credit, is sane
enough to allow other tabs to work tho.  At least it doesn't completely
lock up the whole thing.  Good code I guess.  ;-)  Anyway, it does that
for about 30 seconds or so, I assume it times out or something.  Still,
very annoying and worthy of just blocking the script completely.

It appears clang is disabled.  If I read that correctly, that is the
ideal setting.

[ebuild   R   ~] www-client/firefox-72.0.1::gentoo  USE="gmp-autoupdate
screenshot startup-notification system-av1 system-icu system-jpeg
system-sqlite system-webp -bindist -clang -custom-cflags
-custom-optimization -debug -eme-free -geckodriver -hardened -hwaccel
-jack -lto -pgo -pulseaudio (-selinux) -system-libevent -system-libvpx
-test -wayland -wifi" CPU_FLAGS_X86="-avx2"

Thanks for the tip.

Dale

:-)  :-)

P. S. Top posting since reply was also.  Could be device related.  I dunno.

aisha wrote:
Firefox currently has some issues with addons and local storage.
Do you have the use `clang` flag enabled?
This compiles firefox using clang-llvm and fixes a lot of the problems.

---
Aisha
www.aisha.cc