I'll start by saying that I appreciate all the work the Gentoo developers
do, and by no means have any animosity for them for this,

Here's an example of how 4.19.97 being stabilized might have exposed users
to functionality breaking bugs: https://bugs.gentoo.org/706036

Took me several hours to figure out why several of my machines weren't
working right.

Honestly I'd rather see the 30 day stabilization policy apply to LTS
kernels vs. being stabilized faster. Maybe I'm once bitten twice shy.

As an aside: The gentoo bug tracker has way too many open bugs (Thousands
and thousands of them opened over 10 years ago), and the search interface
is... frustrating. Took me over 5 minutes to find that bug despite being a
commenter on it. Does anyone know if there's any plans for that situation
to change in any way?