Dr Rainer Woitok wrote:
> Dale,
>
> On Saturday, 2020-03-21 13:01:01 -0500, you wrote:

>>                                                         Thing is, if I
>> give it to someone who uses windoze, can they just put in the password
>> and open it or does it have to be on the original system?
> They just have VeraCrypt to be installed and they have to know the cred-
> entials, which may be a password and/or a certain file on each system.
>
>>                                          Basically, I'd like to transfer
>> files from one system to another but it be encrypted while in transit.
>> I use Linux, they use windoze tho.  That make sense?
> I do exactly that:  transfering files  from Gentoo to Windows  and back.
> And if anybody else would try to read the USB stick they would only find
> white noise on it.
>
> Sincerely,
>   Rainer

Thank you.  That is MOST helpful.  I want to document some things and
leave it behind, after I'm dead and gone, but I want a certain person to
be able to access it.  They will have the password.  Thing is, until
then, I don't want anyone to be able to see it or anything. This will
work very nicely.

Off to youtube to see this thing in action.  ;-)

Dale

:-)  :-)