On 25/3/20 8:16 pm, Alarig Le Lay wrote:
On mer. 25 mars 11:51:33 2020, Jorge Almeida wrote:
Did someone try to install zoom? (relevant to many people during the
current crisis)

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/204206269-Installing-Zoom-on-Linux

I downloaded an archive (cannot find the URL again; the site is that
bad) and the directory doesn't even contain a REDME...)

Jorge Almeida

Why didn’t you try net-im/zoom?

n.b. Another poster here, not Jorge

Wasn't there yesterday morning, 24/3, if memory serves. It was in an overlay which I dragged local then installed. I subsequently went to the local 'puter shop and got laughed at when I asked for a webcam :) They wouldn't even sell me the display models. Have now installed it on a bare bones Win10 running lappy that has camera/mic built in. Appears to work as advertised - don't know about the sneaky stuff, reporting back to base, thought.

        Andrew