On Friday, 27 March 2020 05:34:58 GMT tu...@posteo.de wrote:

> hopefully in the next daus my first SSD drive will arrive
> (corona makes everything more difficult...).
>
> To prevent an "installed and works"-experience which ends
> a month later in a damaged or over-weared SSD with a drastically
> shortened lifetime, I want to ask here for own experiences:
>
> - What is the best filesustem to be used with a SSD, which
>   will used for /root when it comes to prolong life of that
>   SSD ?

Ext4. I did try F2FS several years ago, but it caused loss of data. It may be
better now, but I wouldn't risk it as there's no need: these days SSDs are
quite happy with ext4.

> - What options are recommended for the according mount command?

Nothing special, just 'defaults,relatime' in my case, but put something like
this in root's crontab:

        15 1,13 * * * /sbin/fstrim -a

(I'm sure someone will correct me if that's no longer necessary.)

--
Regards,
Peter.