On 2020-04-02, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2020-04-02, Ashley Dixon <a...@suugaku.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> If your original images are screenshots, I'd recommend 'flameshot'.
>
> They're not.  They're jpeg files produced by running photos though
> some Imagemagick 'convert' operations.  Does that mean flameshot can't
> be used to annotate them?

I installed flameshot (required no additional packages be installed).

It can not be used to annotate existing image files.  There's a long
list of requests for that feature on the GitHub site, but apparently
no progress on that front.  According to some of those comments,
shutter can do it.

Personally, I don't really "get" the need for the capture
functionality. ImageMagick's 'import' command works for me...

--
Grant