On Mon, Apr 06, 2020 at 09:18:10AM -0700, Ian Zimmerman wrote:
> In fact, "MTAs" that don't retry turn out to be spam robots on close
> inspection, more often than not.  That is the basis for the spam
> fighting tactic called "greylisting".  So you will not even be original
> in ignoring them.

Hmm, that's an interesting point, thanks :)

[Off-Topic]

For the moment I have zero anti-spam measures on my mail server (probably not
the greatest thing to admit on a public list). I'll add them if required, but so
far---a couple of months of on-and-off service---I haven't received any messages
which I didn't expect.

I suppose bots will start to harvest my addresses from my website and various
public keyservers soon, but for now spam hasn't been a concern at all.

--

Ashley Dixon
suugaku.co.uk

2A9A 4117