On Thursday, April 16, 2020 8:20 PM, <tu...@posteo.de> wrote:

> I didn't tru that muself, but as far as I could remember,
> ssh catches the tty so no password will be shown (but processed).

ya, i know that bit.

> What happens if you paste the password, ignore, that "nothing" happens
> and then press <return> ?

if i press ctrl+shift+v, followed by enter, then
not even the enter registers.  if i press the
enter again, alone, without the preceeding
ctrl+shift+v, it works but tells me the obvious
message "permission denied, please try again".

but if i do the same thing (ctrl+shift+v) in
urxvt, without having ssh's password prompt, then
the password pastes normally, and the subsequent
enter works normally (of course it shows "unknown
command:  <password here>").