Hi,

Finally I got a FIIO E10K DAC running with my Gentoo Linux and ALSA.

Alsamixer displays a volume slider for PCM only. I can play several
audio sources - so far so nice.

Then I installed media-plugins/alsaequal, which installs fine.

I changed my .asoundrc to:

ctl.equal {
        type equal;
}

pcm.plugequal {
    type equal;
        slave.pcm "plughw:0,0";
}

pcm.equal {
    type plug;
    slave.pcm plugequal;
}

(alsamixer displays the DAC as soundcard 0 - I have deactivated the
audio of the motherboard via BIOS settings)

Starting for example 'alsamixer -D equal' results in an error:

ALSA lib
/var/tmp/portage/media-libs/alsa-lib-1.2.2/work/alsa-lib-1.2.2/src/control/control.c:1379:(snd_ctl_open_noupdate)
 Invalid CTL equal
cannot open mixer: No such file or directory
[1]    5304 exit 1     alsamixer -D equal

...seems logical to me, since I have only a volume slider in
alsamixer.

The FIIO establishes this USB device:

Bus 005 Device 002: ID 1852:7022 GYROCOM C&C Co., LTD DigiHug USB Audio

Does anyone on this list uses a FIIO E10K / E10 with Linux and got
more than a simple PCM/volume slider with alsamixer ?

Is there any equaliser software available, which processes the audio
data instead?

Is my configuration still incomplete?

Cheers!
Meino