On 2020-04-18 20:36, Ashley Dixon wrote:
On Sat, Apr 18, 2020 at 08:22:26PM -0500, Steve Freeman wrote:
Can anyone explain why php7-4 is either disallowed or missing, when the
ebuild seems to allow it?

You need to allow the ~amd64 keyword (assuming that is your architecture) and explicitly define the value of the PHP_TARGETS symbol. Try the following line, and amend your package.accept_keywords and make.conf if it works as expected.

        ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~amd64" PHP_TARGETS="php7-4" emerge -atv
        dev-php/pecl-apcu

Based on your suggestion, I simply added the following line to /etc/portage/package.accept_keywords:
=dev-php/pecl-apcu-5.1.18 ~amd64

It worked like a champ.  Thank you very much!

I did not see anything in my output that made think "~amd64". How on earth did you figure that out? I would love to know. :-)