On 4/21/20 12:58 PM, Consus wrote:
Hi,

In all honesty, is Gentoo dead? Gentoo-Dev is filled with passive
aggression (though being developers-only mailing list), Github bot warns
you that contributing new packages to the main repo is low priority and
probably no one will help you, and even distribution kernel is not an
official thing, but a desperate attempt of someone to fix things.

With all respect, you are clueless, but trying to be polite. If your assessment was correct, then answer these questions, OK?

Why would the actual author of one of the hottest codes in the world, wireguard, be that actual maintainer on gentoo?

Gentoo spawns CoreOS(smarty pants CTO) and long time gentooer. CoreOS purchase by Redhat, to give them a future and IBM purchasing Redhat, just to get legal rights to the gentoo heritage?

Greg X, is one of THE chief gentoo kernel devs, and still loves and uses Gentoo.?

You are among GREATNESS in the computational world. I could list hundreds of the world's top technologies in a wide variety of fields, that have and still use Gentoo.
Like the worlds number one RF designer; but I wont.

You are fucking lazy. READ as the entire history and tree(s) are there. BUT, first do a deep dive on C, although not currently popular, before making such stupid statements. PLEASE.

Also, find me a linux distro rigorously supports (and engourages) both systemd, OpenRC and systems without either? Can you name one.

Gentoo is for experts, and those that aspire, through many years of hard work, to become C/unix/kernel/any-code type of experts.

YOU, making this statement, are just LAZY!

get real,
James Horton, PE